Highland Lakes Challenge (Austin Area)

Is anyone else planning to do the Highland Lakes Challenge (or parts of it)? www.highlandlakeschallenge.com/ I'm signed up for the Weekender Monster, the last 3 days: Marble Falls, LBJ, and Travis. Distances are only 2.2 and 3 to 3.5 miles. Has anyone done this in the past and have any words of wisdom to share?
Parents
  • Here's my notes on Saturday: forums.usms.org/entry.php And Sunday: forums.usms.org/entry.php Overall this is a really great event and I'm glad I had the opportunity to participate. Weather was great (air temps a bit chilly at the start), water temps about perfect, in the mid/upper 70s. It is a little rough swimming o/w 3 days in a row in events like this (I've done some lake swims solo 3 days in a row and swim in the pool usually M-F). But the distances I did were all very manageable, 2.2 miles, then the last 2 about 5k. And I did get the chance to meet swimdaily :) We actually sat next to each other on the boat to the start for the Lake Travis swim. Maybe next year I'll do the first 2 days also :afraid: I highly recommend this event. Feel free to post here with any questions, or send me a PM.
  • Here's my notes on Saturday: forums.usms.org/entry.php And Sunday: forums.usms.org/entry.php Overall this is a really great event and I'm glad I had the opportunity to participate. Weather was great (air temps a bit chilly at the start), water temps about perfect, in the mid/upper 70s. It is a little rough swimming o/w 3 days in a row in events like this (I've done some lake swims solo 3 days in a row and swim in the pool usually M-F). But the distances I did were all very manageable, 2.2 miles, then the last 2 about 5k. And I did get the chance to meet swimdaily :) We actually sat next to each other on the boat to the start for the Lake Travis swim. Maybe next year I'll do the first 2 days also :afraid: I highly recommend this event. Feel free to post here with any questions, or send me a PM.
Children
No Data