Highland Lakes Challenge (Austin Area)

Is anyone else planning to do the Highland Lakes Challenge (or parts of it)? www.highlandlakeschallenge.com/ I'm signed up for the Weekender Monster, the last 3 days: Marble Falls, LBJ, and Travis. Distances are only 2.2 and 3 to 3.5 miles. Has anyone done this in the past and have any words of wisdom to share?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    I've done this event the last 4 years. Assuming you are comfortable with open water swimming, this is a very chill event with a comfy homey feel. They are pretty firm that this is a no contact no drafting race. Folks come from all over the USA to do this event. Typically after each swim a group heads to a local diner. You can cash in your pie slice coupon there!! Assume weather wise that the race is on each day. They will modify the course if necessary with weather but we've swim in wind and rain(which I love). This is local for me and has been the goal event as I've worked toward more speed and more distance.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    I've done this event the last 4 years. Assuming you are comfortable with open water swimming, this is a very chill event with a comfy homey feel. They are pretty firm that this is a no contact no drafting race. Folks come from all over the USA to do this event. Typically after each swim a group heads to a local diner. You can cash in your pie slice coupon there!! Assume weather wise that the race is on each day. They will modify the course if necessary with weather but we've swim in wind and rain(which I love). This is local for me and has been the goal event as I've worked toward more speed and more distance.
Children
No Data