Lake Lure OW Event Canceled

I just heard the Lake Lure OW event in North Carolina has been canceled due to the water being too warm. See: www.clubassistant.com/.../meet_information.cfm This event was going to be the 1 mile and 5K USMS national championship, so that will be two years in a row the 5K is canceled (Big Shoulders last year due to weather). Seems like a stretch, but I wonder if there's any way the 5K National Championship could be shifted to Big Shoulders instead since those of us who entered last year got shafted?
Parents
  • I almost pulled trigger on this for family reunion for 7 siblings. I actually wondered if NC lake in August was going to be too hot and ended up entering Indianapolis Cable Swim for my open water this year. I would say in future, we should keep these in northern part of the country or in May and early June. I wouldn't think Lake Lure (although never being there) would ever be less than 85 in late summer. Bob, I will definitely make on of the Oregon swims next year.
  • I almost pulled trigger on this for family reunion for 7 siblings. I actually wondered if NC lake in August was going to be too hot and ended up entering Indianapolis Cable Swim for my open water this year. I would say in future, we should keep these in northern part of the country or in May and early June. I wouldn't think Lake Lure (although never being there) would ever be less than 85 in late summer. Bob, I will definitely make on of the Oregon swims next year.
Children
No Data