Lake Lure OW Event Canceled

I just heard the Lake Lure OW event in North Carolina has been canceled due to the water being too warm. See: www.clubassistant.com/.../meet_information.cfm This event was going to be the 1 mile and 5K USMS national championship, so that will be two years in a row the 5K is canceled (Big Shoulders last year due to weather). Seems like a stretch, but I wonder if there's any way the 5K National Championship could be shifted to Big Shoulders instead since those of us who entered last year got shafted?
Parents
  • Wow, what a bummer! I too had considered making the trip out there because 5K and 1 mile are two my favorite open water distances. If it hadn't been for Donner being the same day, I might have had plane tickets already. After the major disappointment of traveling to Chicago last year only to have Big Shoulders canceled, I'm glad I dodged the bullet this year. I feel sorry for those who have already made travel plans and now have to adjust. Major bummer! And agreed, Kirk, I can't imagine trying to swim a distance event in 90 degree water! Ouch! I get hot in 82 degree water when working out!!!
  • Wow, what a bummer! I too had considered making the trip out there because 5K and 1 mile are two my favorite open water distances. If it hadn't been for Donner being the same day, I might have had plane tickets already. After the major disappointment of traveling to Chicago last year only to have Big Shoulders canceled, I'm glad I dodged the bullet this year. I feel sorry for those who have already made travel plans and now have to adjust. Major bummer! And agreed, Kirk, I can't imagine trying to swim a distance event in 90 degree water! Ouch! I get hot in 82 degree water when working out!!!
Children
No Data