Tight goggles?

I did the Lake Berryessa swim Sat. and had some problems that were new to me. I had gotten some shiny new goggles (yes, I tried them in the pool first). I was concerned they might leak, so I had them sufficiently snug. I began the 2 mile, and things were going along swimmingly. I was also happy the goggles were not leaking. Then they started to feel too tight, and I thought that might get annoying after awhile. Instead it turned into a bone crushing headache followed by nausea, dizziness, and overall bad! Kinda like seasickness?? I had serious concerns about finishing or continuing with the 1 mile event later. I managed to finish with a disgustingly slow time. I switched to my old goggles, took a breather, drank some water, put the cold bottle on my head, and headed out for the 1 mile. The headache was gone as soon as the goggles were off, and I felt a tiny bit better. When I started swimming I felt quite a bit better but no where near 100%. Finished fine (still slow). Other than the goggles, I have no idea what went wrong. Has anyone had a similar experience? Any other thoughts on why my body misbehaved? Open water swimming usually cures what ails me. So I am very puzzled and a little depressed and disgusted with myself!
Parents Reply Children
No Data