Nantucket - OWS Freshwater Ponds?

Former Member
Former Member
Hi! I will be on Nantucket late this month and want to swim in one of the freshwater ponds. I have read that Miacomet is a good one but have also read that there are snapping turtles (yikes). Does anyone have experience swimming in any of the ponds on Nantucket? Thank you.
Parents
  • Hi! I will be on Nantucket late this month and want to swim in one of the freshwater ponds. I have read that Miacomet is a good one but have also read that there are snapping turtles (yikes). Does anyone have experience swimming in any of the ponds on Nantucket? Thank you. Best place to swim is on the north shore anywhere from Jetties to Dionnis. I don't think people swim in the ponds. Unless they fall in or perhaps had too much to drink at Cisco! :drowning:
  • Hi! I will be on Nantucket late this month and want to swim in one of the freshwater ponds. I have read that Miacomet is a good one but have also read that there are snapping turtles (yikes). Does anyone have experience swimming in any of the ponds on Nantucket? Thank you. Best place to swim is on the north shore anywhere from Jetties to Dionnis. I don't think people swim in the ponds. Unless they fall in or perhaps had too much to drink at Cisco! :drowning:
Children
No Data