Chesapeake Bay Swim wetsuit?

I'm swimming the Chesapeake Bay Swim in a few weeks and I'm debating whether I need a wetsuit. In past years the temperature has been up or down, and I'm not sure what it's likely to be this year. For what it's worth, I'm likely to be toward the front of the race, and don't have a ton of body fat. I don't have a wetsuit right now, so if I'm going to get one, I need to get in gear asap. Advice, please!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I spent 3 hours in the Bay this morning without a wetsuit and it felt great. Water temp in mid 60's. I agree with Chaos that it is whatever you are comfortable with but most will wear one anyway for speed. It will most likely warm up to low to mid 70's in next 3 weeks. This has all of the historical info and a link where you can follow current temps. It is a great event. See you in 3 weeks. bayswim.awardspace.info/past_conditions.html
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    I spent 3 hours in the Bay this morning without a wetsuit and it felt great. Water temp in mid 60's. I agree with Chaos that it is whatever you are comfortable with but most will wear one anyway for speed. It will most likely warm up to low to mid 70's in next 3 weeks. This has all of the historical info and a link where you can follow current temps. It is a great event. See you in 3 weeks. bayswim.awardspace.info/past_conditions.html
Children
No Data