Goggles

Former Member
Former Member
I am new to OW (as in I have never done it). I lap swim fairly regularly though. I need a new pair of goggles but I want them to be geared to OW. Anybody have any suggestions? Anything particular straps, seals or other feature I should look for? Thanks in advance!
Parents
  • Several years ago, I switched to open water goggles for everything, pool and open water, after I was starting to get weird bumps on my eyelids from traditional goggles. Or, as my husband said "You're turning into a Klingon!" I was told by my doctor that unless I wanted plastic surgery later, I needed to switch to something with a wider profile that didn't rest in my eye sockets. Seems to have solved the issue and now I find it hard to go back on those rare occasions when I forget my goggles and need to borrow a pair. I stick with Aquaspheres. More comfortable, no real fogging issues, and while I look like a dork, I don't look like a Klingon.
  • Several years ago, I switched to open water goggles for everything, pool and open water, after I was starting to get weird bumps on my eyelids from traditional goggles. Or, as my husband said "You're turning into a Klingon!" I was told by my doctor that unless I wanted plastic surgery later, I needed to switch to something with a wider profile that didn't rest in my eye sockets. Seems to have solved the issue and now I find it hard to go back on those rare occasions when I forget my goggles and need to borrow a pair. I stick with Aquaspheres. More comfortable, no real fogging issues, and while I look like a dork, I don't look like a Klingon.
Children
No Data