Goggles

Former Member
Former Member
I am new to OW (as in I have never done it). I lap swim fairly regularly though. I need a new pair of goggles but I want them to be geared to OW. Anybody have any suggestions? Anything particular straps, seals or other feature I should look for? Thanks in advance!
Parents
  • Historically, I just used my Vanquisher mirrored goggles (and I use the baby shampoo method to keep them fog-free like FlyQueen said) because I'm racing in bright sun virtually all of the time. However, last fall, I tried the FINIS Surge Polarized goggles (www.finisinc.com/.../surge-polarized-goggle.html) at the La Jolla Rough Water swim (the OW race I most consistently do and train for racing) and I found they really helped me sight the buoys and finish line much, much better than my 'pool' goggles. These seem to be a good mix between the really big 'mask' like goggles and pool goggles. I'd recommend checking them out if you'll be racing in venues with a lot of sunshine,
  • Historically, I just used my Vanquisher mirrored goggles (and I use the baby shampoo method to keep them fog-free like FlyQueen said) because I'm racing in bright sun virtually all of the time. However, last fall, I tried the FINIS Surge Polarized goggles (www.finisinc.com/.../surge-polarized-goggle.html) at the La Jolla Rough Water swim (the OW race I most consistently do and train for racing) and I found they really helped me sight the buoys and finish line much, much better than my 'pool' goggles. These seem to be a good mix between the really big 'mask' like goggles and pool goggles. I'd recommend checking them out if you'll be racing in venues with a lot of sunshine,
Children
No Data