Goggles

Former Member
Former Member
I am new to OW (as in I have never done it). I lap swim fairly regularly though. I need a new pair of goggles but I want them to be geared to OW. Anybody have any suggestions? Anything particular straps, seals or other feature I should look for? Thanks in advance!
Parents
  • I actually bought a pair of open-water specific goggle last year. While I think they're fine, I still prefer my clear vanquisher goggles over them or anything else I've tried. The open-water specific goggles have a wider field of view, but for me, when underwater, they create some sort of weird double vision or overlap that bothers me. And I don't like tint or coloring on goggles because I prefer to see things as naturally as possible. If it's very sunny and the sun is low on the horizon, I might consider some tinted goggles, but normally I'll just opt for the clear ones and squint :)
  • I actually bought a pair of open-water specific goggle last year. While I think they're fine, I still prefer my clear vanquisher goggles over them or anything else I've tried. The open-water specific goggles have a wider field of view, but for me, when underwater, they create some sort of weird double vision or overlap that bothers me. And I don't like tint or coloring on goggles because I prefer to see things as naturally as possible. If it's very sunny and the sun is low on the horizon, I might consider some tinted goggles, but normally I'll just opt for the clear ones and squint :)
Children
No Data