Goggles

Former Member
Former Member
I am new to OW (as in I have never done it). I lap swim fairly regularly though. I need a new pair of goggles but I want them to be geared to OW. Anybody have any suggestions? Anything particular straps, seals or other feature I should look for? Thanks in advance!
Parents
  • I use the same Swedish goggles I've used in the pool for years. In several open water swims over the last several years, I've learned that the most important thing is comfort over the long haul, and the Swedish goggles fit that bill for me. Second is being able to sight the buoys. So while I often use orange goggles in pool, I switch to blue for open water. Orange buoys tend to wash the color of the buoys out making them difficult to find. On particularly bright days, I use smoked or mirrored goggles in open water.
  • I use the same Swedish goggles I've used in the pool for years. In several open water swims over the last several years, I've learned that the most important thing is comfort over the long haul, and the Swedish goggles fit that bill for me. Second is being able to sight the buoys. So while I often use orange goggles in pool, I switch to blue for open water. Orange buoys tend to wash the color of the buoys out making them difficult to find. On particularly bright days, I use smoked or mirrored goggles in open water.
Children
No Data