Winter water temp Lake Michigan

Former Member
Former Member
According to Jeff Masters blog on Weather underground site, Lake Michigan is 2 to 3 degrees warmer and is approaching record low levels.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    it's an immersion so short it can be done with one's breath held, and no strokes are taken.... I refer to it as a "baptism." When I was at my hardiest (i.e. "total jackass"), I tried to go to the lake in Chicago on some kind of blizzard-like evening, but the police were there preventing people from going on the beach. They mentioned something about an earlier suicide attempt. I refrained from telling them I hoped to go swimming.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 6 years ago
    it's an immersion so short it can be done with one's breath held, and no strokes are taken.... I refer to it as a "baptism." When I was at my hardiest (i.e. "total jackass"), I tried to go to the lake in Chicago on some kind of blizzard-like evening, but the police were there preventing people from going on the beach. They mentioned something about an earlier suicide attempt. I refrained from telling them I hoped to go swimming.
Children
No Data