Winter water temp Lake Michigan

Former Member
Former Member
According to Jeff Masters blog on Weather underground site, Lake Michigan is 2 to 3 degrees warmer and is approaching record low levels.
Parents
  • could you please elaborate as to why you would do this, inquiring minds want to know :D I believe the record is 42 consecutive months, including hacking through the ice. WRT water level, snoozily I heard on NPR that Lake Michigan (measured where?) is now 2 inches below lowest previous recorded level, and even with average to above-average precipitation going forward (unlikely), it would take years to achieve a normal level. The cost of steel things is going up: the big vessels headed to Indiana steel-making ports have to reduce their draft by 2.5 feet, which means they can't carry as much ore. They are paid for the equivalent of a 7th trip they don't make. Asian carp continue their northward march.
  • could you please elaborate as to why you would do this, inquiring minds want to know :D I believe the record is 42 consecutive months, including hacking through the ice. WRT water level, snoozily I heard on NPR that Lake Michigan (measured where?) is now 2 inches below lowest previous recorded level, and even with average to above-average precipitation going forward (unlikely), it would take years to achieve a normal level. The cost of steel things is going up: the big vessels headed to Indiana steel-making ports have to reduce their draft by 2.5 feet, which means they can't carry as much ore. They are paid for the equivalent of a 7th trip they don't make. Asian carp continue their northward march.
Children
No Data