New 5-Mile Swim in Richmond, VA

"To the Bridge & Back" is a new open water swim in Richmond, VA. It's late in the year - October 13, 2012- so it gives you plenty of time to prepare and doesn't conflict with most of the major swims out there. Entry fees are low, especially if you register with your own kayaker. All of the details can be found at www.PelusoOpenWater.com
Parents
  • The first half the swim will be against the current. The ride home will be enjoyable though. The James River can be unpredictable. That said we expect high 70's for water temp. As we get closer, obviously, we will have better idea. It really will depend on the type of summer/fall we have. Mid-October in the James is an awesome time of year.I really hope my kids' fall break aligns with this so I can bring one or more of them out to my old hometown, do the race, see my parents, and make fun of Geek.
  • The first half the swim will be against the current. The ride home will be enjoyable though. The James River can be unpredictable. That said we expect high 70's for water temp. As we get closer, obviously, we will have better idea. It really will depend on the type of summer/fall we have. Mid-October in the James is an awesome time of year.I really hope my kids' fall break aligns with this so I can bring one or more of them out to my old hometown, do the race, see my parents, and make fun of Geek.
Children
No Data