Sachuest Beach Open Water Swims

Good news! We've had the best ever start to our season. Bill R got in early in May on a good weekend day. Last week we swam Tuesday-Friday around 430 each day with Friday having 8 participants. Today and tomorrow we will have 4PM swims. Newport, RI visitors, if you want an early season ocean swim second beach is the place. I've already had a 50+ minute swim without wetsuit. (and Ellen A was similarly attired.) Water temps have been variable, 58-66F. Doable. If you want to join in, we have a facebook page, Sachuest Ocean Swimmers, and you can email me. mikegarr@usms.org. Swim Fast Seek Peace! Mike G
Parents
  • We be in the midst of the cold winter so still in the pool, but we are hoping to get started in late May at the latest. We have an email list, a facebook page, this forum blog, and a google calendar. I'll be posting links to all of these soon. Feel free to contact me if you are interested in group swims at Sachuest Beach in Middletown, RI. Open ocean swimming rules! Mikegarr@msn.com
  • We be in the midst of the cold winter so still in the pool, but we are hoping to get started in late May at the latest. We have an email list, a facebook page, this forum blog, and a google calendar. I'll be posting links to all of these soon. Feel free to contact me if you are interested in group swims at Sachuest Beach in Middletown, RI. Open ocean swimming rules! Mikegarr@msn.com
Children
No Data