Sachuest Beach Open Water Swims

Good news! We've had the best ever start to our season. Bill R got in early in May on a good weekend day. Last week we swam Tuesday-Friday around 430 each day with Friday having 8 participants. Today and tomorrow we will have 4PM swims. Newport, RI visitors, if you want an early season ocean swim second beach is the place. I've already had a 50+ minute swim without wetsuit. (and Ellen A was similarly attired.) Water temps have been variable, 58-66F. Doable. If you want to join in, we have a facebook page, Sachuest Ocean Swimmers, and you can email me. mikegarr@usms.org. Swim Fast Seek Peace! Mike G
Parents
  • I've been off this thread for a while but the SOSers are alive and well thanks to facebook and my email list. Contact me if you want to join up with us in the Newport RI area through October. There is a big 2 miler this coming Sunday from 40 steps to Second Beach. Meet at surfer's end of second beach at 645am. Swim well and seek peace! :angel:
  • I've been off this thread for a while but the SOSers are alive and well thanks to facebook and my email list. Contact me if you want to join up with us in the Newport RI area through October. There is a big 2 miler this coming Sunday from 40 steps to Second Beach. Meet at surfer's end of second beach at 645am. Swim well and seek peace! :angel:
Children
No Data