Sachuest Beach Open Water Swims

Good news! We've had the best ever start to our season. Bill R got in early in May on a good weekend day. Last week we swam Tuesday-Friday around 430 each day with Friday having 8 participants. Today and tomorrow we will have 4PM swims. Newport, RI visitors, if you want an early season ocean swim second beach is the place. I've already had a 50+ minute swim without wetsuit. (and Ellen A was similarly attired.) Water temps have been variable, 58-66F. Doable. If you want to join in, we have a facebook page, Sachuest Ocean Swimmers, and you can email me. mikegarr@usms.org. Swim Fast Seek Peace! Mike G
Parents
  • While I am fussing around with the computer I get the bad news that one of our favorite Sachuest swimmers is very ill in Beth Isreal Hospital in Boston. Everyone out there please pray for the healing powers of the spirit which binds us all together, to work to restore Andy Arkway, of Aquidneck Land Trust, to health. May you swim with us again soon Andy. Get well. We miss you!
  • While I am fussing around with the computer I get the bad news that one of our favorite Sachuest swimmers is very ill in Beth Isreal Hospital in Boston. Everyone out there please pray for the healing powers of the spirit which binds us all together, to work to restore Andy Arkway, of Aquidneck Land Trust, to health. May you swim with us again soon Andy. Get well. We miss you!
Children
No Data