Sachuest Beach Open Water Swims

Good news! We've had the best ever start to our season. Bill R got in early in May on a good weekend day. Last week we swam Tuesday-Friday around 430 each day with Friday having 8 participants. Today and tomorrow we will have 4PM swims. Newport, RI visitors, if you want an early season ocean swim second beach is the place. I've already had a 50+ minute swim without wetsuit. (and Ellen A was similarly attired.) Water temps have been variable, 58-66F. Doable. If you want to join in, we have a facebook page, Sachuest Ocean Swimmers, and you can email me. mikegarr@usms.org. Swim Fast Seek Peace! Mike G
Parents
  • Sorry, Jim, Somehow my browser gets confused whenever I try to click on a link to the old thread. Most recently it tells me the token has expired. Since I don't understand any of this I tried to figure out on my own what was going wrong and jumped to the wild conclusion that I had committed some social media Faux-pas. Mea Culpa. Since I can't link to the old thread from my computer, I'd just as soon keep going forward with this one. Again, Sorry for the mix-up. Plenty of good swimming going on these days at Sachuest.... water temps in the 60s. Summer has arrived. 430 swims scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday, but seems like every day there are people showing up to swim together. Mike G
  • Sorry, Jim, Somehow my browser gets confused whenever I try to click on a link to the old thread. Most recently it tells me the token has expired. Since I don't understand any of this I tried to figure out on my own what was going wrong and jumped to the wild conclusion that I had committed some social media Faux-pas. Mea Culpa. Since I can't link to the old thread from my computer, I'd just as soon keep going forward with this one. Again, Sorry for the mix-up. Plenty of good swimming going on these days at Sachuest.... water temps in the 60s. Summer has arrived. 430 swims scheduled for Wednesday and Thursday, but seems like every day there are people showing up to swim together. Mike G
Children
No Data