Tenaya Lake

Former Member
Former Member
Here's my non-race report from my swim across Tenaya Lake (at 8150 feet in Yosemite National Park) on September 12. Good times! www.deitchman.net/.../
Parents
  • I did a double crossing of Tenaya Lake yestersday. It was epic. We left the house at an insanely early time and got to the lake around 9. Had the place pretty much to myself. I had to keep reminding myself to just enjoy the time and the place rather than feel like I had to get through it. Water was about 66, sapphire blue, classic Yosemite granite cliffs all around, and dead silence. Doesn't get much better than that. Almost creepy and surreal. Now I don't feel so bad about missing Donner (sold out!!)
  • I did a double crossing of Tenaya Lake yestersday. It was epic. We left the house at an insanely early time and got to the lake around 9. Had the place pretty much to myself. I had to keep reminding myself to just enjoy the time and the place rather than feel like I had to get through it. Water was about 66, sapphire blue, classic Yosemite granite cliffs all around, and dead silence. Doesn't get much better than that. Almost creepy and surreal. Now I don't feel so bad about missing Donner (sold out!!)
Children
No Data