Tenaya Lake

Former Member
Former Member
Here's my non-race report from my swim across Tenaya Lake (at 8150 feet in Yosemite National Park) on September 12. Good times! www.deitchman.net/.../
  • Fueco (Fire?), That is a marvelous non-race report! :) More! More!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    Amazing! what a beautiful place!
  • Former Member
    Great report. Did you estimate the distance and water temp?
  • Former Member
    The water temp is an estimate based on my reaction to past known water temperatures. The distance was measured with my Garmin Forerunner stuffed in a plastic bag inside of my swim cap. There's a link to a map at the very end of the story. Good times for sure! I'm looking to do more crazy swims next summer. I've got one more swim planned for this year, which will be towards the end of October when a friend an I are planning to swim the length of one of our local reservoirs. We'll see how that goes! That will be my first kayaker-supported solo swim.
  • Former Member
    I just found an actual race report (well, actually a double race report) I wrote way back in 2005. I need to swim more! :D www.deitchman.net/.../
  • I did a double crossing of Tenaya Lake yestersday. It was epic. We left the house at an insanely early time and got to the lake around 9. Had the place pretty much to myself. I had to keep reminding myself to just enjoy the time and the place rather than feel like I had to get through it. Water was about 66, sapphire blue, classic Yosemite granite cliffs all around, and dead silence. Doesn't get much better than that. Almost creepy and surreal. Now I don't feel so bad about missing Donner (sold out!!)