Alcatraz Death

Former Member
Former Member
I was saddened to hear that a swimmer died this weekend while attempting the Alcatraz Challenge. My thoughts are with the family and friends of Sally Lowes of Houston.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    I am a teammate and friend of Sally Lowes, the swimmer who died at Alcatraz. I can assure you that her death has been very difficult for her family and friends. We don't know what happened to her yet and may never know. Nevertheless, I think Sally was doing something she really loved and the Alcatraz swim was a challenge she was looking forward to for months. I saw her moments before we all went in the water and she was as excited as the rest of us. Her son told me he wanted to make the swim next year and finish it for his mom. If he does, many of us will be with him. Fred Johnson Houston, TX
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 17 years ago
    I am a teammate and friend of Sally Lowes, the swimmer who died at Alcatraz. I can assure you that her death has been very difficult for her family and friends. We don't know what happened to her yet and may never know. Nevertheless, I think Sally was doing something she really loved and the Alcatraz swim was a challenge she was looking forward to for months. I saw her moments before we all went in the water and she was as excited as the rest of us. Her son told me he wanted to make the swim next year and finish it for his mom. If he does, many of us will be with him. Fred Johnson Houston, TX
Children
No Data