Alcatraz Death

Former Member
Former Member
I was saddened to hear that a swimmer died this weekend while attempting the Alcatraz Challenge. My thoughts are with the family and friends of Sally Lowes of Houston.
Parents
  • Every swim race director's fear... I pray for the family, friends, and race director, knowing how much pain something like this will cause. It's sobering. One might at least say that the person died in mid-adventure, following a passion. We will all die one day, and of something. It would be even sadder to leave behind regret that one lived in fear of trying things because they could be unsafe. I feel for Ms. Lowes, and I hope that her family finds comfort in the fact that she chose "the road less traveled," embraced life and its challenges.
  • Every swim race director's fear... I pray for the family, friends, and race director, knowing how much pain something like this will cause. It's sobering. One might at least say that the person died in mid-adventure, following a passion. We will all die one day, and of something. It would be even sadder to leave behind regret that one lived in fear of trying things because they could be unsafe. I feel for Ms. Lowes, and I hope that her family finds comfort in the fact that she chose "the road less traveled," embraced life and its challenges.
Children
No Data