Times for 50m freestyle (avg->good->great)?

Former Member
Former Member
Hey guys, thread below on attaining a 24s 50m free got me wondering on time ranges for 50m freestyle. Amongst masters swimmers, can you give me the rough ranges for what is considered beginner, decent/competitive, and top range? (Age is 30, if it helps). Broad ranges are fine. Even though I'm not training for the clock, I realized I'm operating in a vacuum in this regard and it'd be very interesting to see. Thanks!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Here's how to gauge progression: are you getting faster? Absolutely. The great thing about masters swimming is that it gives the opportunity of racing to people that haven't necessarily swum their whole life. If you measure yourself against people that spent their entire lives in a pool from 5 to college and even beyond, you are on a hiding to nothing. The advice to focus on getting faster is good advice whether you are a beginner or a world-class swimmer.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    Here's how to gauge progression: are you getting faster? Absolutely. The great thing about masters swimming is that it gives the opportunity of racing to people that haven't necessarily swum their whole life. If you measure yourself against people that spent their entire lives in a pool from 5 to college and even beyond, you are on a hiding to nothing. The advice to focus on getting faster is good advice whether you are a beginner or a world-class swimmer.
Children
No Data