Times for 50m freestyle (avg->good->great)?

Former Member
Former Member
Hey guys, thread below on attaining a 24s 50m free got me wondering on time ranges for 50m freestyle. Amongst masters swimmers, can you give me the rough ranges for what is considered beginner, decent/competitive, and top range? (Age is 30, if it helps). Broad ranges are fine. Even though I'm not training for the clock, I realized I'm operating in a vacuum in this regard and it'd be very interesting to see. Thanks!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 13 years ago
    By this scale (assuming its LCM) I would be average with a 27.40 at age 33. I wouldn't consider myself to be average by any means either. (If its SCY then I'm elite). I don't think the 50 free is THE event to judge the speediness of a swimmer, and either is any other event for that matter. We're all different though. My answers were to the OP, who asked about meters, so that was meter times. Scm or lcm. Not really much difference as far as this conversation is concerned. I too, fall into my own 'average' category :) On absolute speed, I'm not sure how else you'd judge "speedy" than a 50 free? 25 free? 10 free?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 13 years ago
    By this scale (assuming its LCM) I would be average with a 27.40 at age 33. I wouldn't consider myself to be average by any means either. (If its SCY then I'm elite). I don't think the 50 free is THE event to judge the speediness of a swimmer, and either is any other event for that matter. We're all different though. My answers were to the OP, who asked about meters, so that was meter times. Scm or lcm. Not really much difference as far as this conversation is concerned. I too, fall into my own 'average' category :) On absolute speed, I'm not sure how else you'd judge "speedy" than a 50 free? 25 free? 10 free?
Children
No Data