Times for 50m freestyle (avg->good->great)?

Former Member
Former Member
Hey guys, thread below on attaining a 24s 50m free got me wondering on time ranges for 50m freestyle. Amongst masters swimmers, can you give me the rough ranges for what is considered beginner, decent/competitive, and top range? (Age is 30, if it helps). Broad ranges are fine. Even though I'm not training for the clock, I realized I'm operating in a vacuum in this regard and it'd be very interesting to see. Thanks!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 13 years ago
    :applaud: Well said - I must admit my first thought was "heck I've never gone sub 30 om 50m free and I'm no beginner" But then again I am a girlie and I never did the whole USAS/college swimming thing, although did compete as a kid. So totally subjective - for me sub 30 on 50m free is very fast and sub 1.00 on 100m free likely unachievable. Sub 1.00 on 100 yds is what I'm aiming at with the right training in a couple of years time. DO keep in mind I only gave those time guidelines based on my opinion of broad times that 30-34 males should achieve to move to the next level. That was not a catch-all classification for masters as a whole. I suppose I should've never commented here :worms:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 13 years ago
    :applaud: Well said - I must admit my first thought was "heck I've never gone sub 30 om 50m free and I'm no beginner" But then again I am a girlie and I never did the whole USAS/college swimming thing, although did compete as a kid. So totally subjective - for me sub 30 on 50m free is very fast and sub 1.00 on 100m free likely unachievable. Sub 1.00 on 100 yds is what I'm aiming at with the right training in a couple of years time. DO keep in mind I only gave those time guidelines based on my opinion of broad times that 30-34 males should achieve to move to the next level. That was not a catch-all classification for masters as a whole. I suppose I should've never commented here :worms:
Children
No Data