Times for 50m freestyle (avg->good->great)?

Former Member
Former Member
Hey guys, thread below on attaining a 24s 50m free got me wondering on time ranges for 50m freestyle. Amongst masters swimmers, can you give me the rough ranges for what is considered beginner, decent/competitive, and top range? (Age is 30, if it helps). Broad ranges are fine. Even though I'm not training for the clock, I realized I'm operating in a vacuum in this regard and it'd be very interesting to see. Thanks!
Parents
  • All you're going to get is subjective opinion with a question like that. The list that swimosaur posted is a pretty objective look at swim times in the competitive circuit for masters. I guess In a way I'd ask what the heck someone would care about times for if they don't compete? What do they matter if you're not really measuring them anyway? You wanted opinion though... my gauge, for the same age group i am in (30-34) >30 = beginner 26 = average
  • All you're going to get is subjective opinion with a question like that. The list that swimosaur posted is a pretty objective look at swim times in the competitive circuit for masters. I guess In a way I'd ask what the heck someone would care about times for if they don't compete? What do they matter if you're not really measuring them anyway? You wanted opinion though... my gauge, for the same age group i am in (30-34) >30 = beginner 26 = average
Children
No Data