Times for 50m freestyle (avg->good->great)?

Former Member
Former Member
Hey guys, thread below on attaining a 24s 50m free got me wondering on time ranges for 50m freestyle. Amongst masters swimmers, can you give me the rough ranges for what is considered beginner, decent/competitive, and top range? (Age is 30, if it helps). Broad ranges are fine. Even though I'm not training for the clock, I realized I'm operating in a vacuum in this regard and it'd be very interesting to see. Thanks!
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 13 years ago
    How is your answer logical? I obviously know what my time is, and it's clearly that of a beginner. That only answers 1/3 of what I asked. How does that provide me with anything useful or anything to gauge progression by? You honestly carrying this over from the previous thread? To the rest of the USMS community, you guys are admirable for tolerating this d bag who seems to thrive on pedantry and antagonism. Here's how to gauge progression: are you getting faster?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 13 years ago
    How is your answer logical? I obviously know what my time is, and it's clearly that of a beginner. That only answers 1/3 of what I asked. How does that provide me with anything useful or anything to gauge progression by? You honestly carrying this over from the previous thread? To the rest of the USMS community, you guys are admirable for tolerating this d bag who seems to thrive on pedantry and antagonism. Here's how to gauge progression: are you getting faster?
Children
No Data