Prescription swimming goggles

Former Member
Former Member
Can anyone help me understand how to figure out what strength of swimming goggles will work with my prescription? They all seem to be in negative numbers but my prescription is in positive numbers. i just want to be able to see the pace clock and my workouts without having to swim in my contacts.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 13 years ago
    Negative numbers in your prescription mean you are nearsighted. Positive numbers mean you are farsighted. The bad news for you is that very few manufacturers make goggles for farsighted wearers. I swim with a woman who is farsighted. She was just saying the other night that the only goggles she has been able to find are very expensive ($40.00) and aren't that good. In contrast, my nearsighted husband buys prescription goggles online from SwimOutlet for $7.00 per pair. I was just about to rave about the ones I get from SwimOutlet at $7 a pair (or less) until I read this. I never actually noticed they didn't do positive numbers:blush:. I would have thought there'd be enough demand for them?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 13 years ago
    Negative numbers in your prescription mean you are nearsighted. Positive numbers mean you are farsighted. The bad news for you is that very few manufacturers make goggles for farsighted wearers. I swim with a woman who is farsighted. She was just saying the other night that the only goggles she has been able to find are very expensive ($40.00) and aren't that good. In contrast, my nearsighted husband buys prescription goggles online from SwimOutlet for $7.00 per pair. I was just about to rave about the ones I get from SwimOutlet at $7 a pair (or less) until I read this. I never actually noticed they didn't do positive numbers:blush:. I would have thought there'd be enough demand for them?
Children
No Data