golfers elbow

All of a sudden after four years of competing and regular workouts my medial right elbow is strained and hurts with stroke. I am in the 75-79 age group.. How do I modify my stroke to alleviate the strain. I swim all four strokes and am entered at Harvard ten events in two weeks. I am icing and using ibuprofen. Thanks
Parents
  • I'm a semi-expert on this, having been suffering for over 15 months. The following youtube may help you with exercises. You should know that on average, people can take up to 18 months or longer to heal properly. One of the things that has helped me the most (especially with waking up in the middle of the night in pain) is using Kinesio Tape to prevent muscle spasms in your sleep. ALSO, add 250mg of magnesium (one pill) to your night time pills - or up to 500mg every other day - magnesium is a smooth muscle relaxer & will also help reduce restless leg syndrome. A word of caution though, you may end up with "the trots" if you overdo the magnesium. www.youtube.com/watch Also, check out: www.DIYINJURYREHAB.com Best Wishes:):):)
  • I'm a semi-expert on this, having been suffering for over 15 months. The following youtube may help you with exercises. You should know that on average, people can take up to 18 months or longer to heal properly. One of the things that has helped me the most (especially with waking up in the middle of the night in pain) is using Kinesio Tape to prevent muscle spasms in your sleep. ALSO, add 250mg of magnesium (one pill) to your night time pills - or up to 500mg every other day - magnesium is a smooth muscle relaxer & will also help reduce restless leg syndrome. A word of caution though, you may end up with "the trots" if you overdo the magnesium. www.youtube.com/watch Also, check out: www.DIYINJURYREHAB.com Best Wishes:):):)
Children
No Data