nausea during & after swim

I am a 61 yr old lap swimmer. about a yr ago I started to get nausea after about 48 lengths. I feel seasick. I have had my cardilogist check me out. Over the last 3 months I stopped swimming and exercising due to high blood pressure. The dr. changed my meds and I am now normal at 120/70 with a pulse of 52 beats. I am obese, 279#and 66" tall. Now that I've been deemed healthy I have returned to the pool with a swim team. I now am getting seasick again and losing my lunch shortly thereafter. I have tried swimming only until the nausea starts and getting out but I get ill. I've been keeping hydrated. Does any one have an idea what to try to get past the nausea feeling? Thanks
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 13 years ago
    I would suspect there could be an underlying issue, or maybe you're over working yourself. I know I always feel sick if I think about food while swimming. You could try taking some Benadryl or Dramamine before you swim. Also take some tums before you swim. That's really the only OTC solution. I'd definitely bring it up with your doctor if the problem stays or gets worse.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 13 years ago
    I would suspect there could be an underlying issue, or maybe you're over working yourself. I know I always feel sick if I think about food while swimming. You could try taking some Benadryl or Dramamine before you swim. Also take some tums before you swim. That's really the only OTC solution. I'd definitely bring it up with your doctor if the problem stays or gets worse.
Children
No Data