nausea during & after swim

I am a 61 yr old lap swimmer. about a yr ago I started to get nausea after about 48 lengths. I feel seasick. I have had my cardilogist check me out. Over the last 3 months I stopped swimming and exercising due to high blood pressure. The dr. changed my meds and I am now normal at 120/70 with a pulse of 52 beats. I am obese, 279#and 66" tall. Now that I've been deemed healthy I have returned to the pool with a swim team. I now am getting seasick again and losing my lunch shortly thereafter. I have tried swimming only until the nausea starts and getting out but I get ill. I've been keeping hydrated. Does any one have an idea what to try to get past the nausea feeling? Thanks
Parents
  • Don't swim after eating.give yourself time for any food you've had to get out of your stomach. When I swim in the AM, I take a small piece of cheese before I leave the house. It's almost an hour before I get in the water. Remember the old advice to wait an hour? Swimming before eating entitles me to a nice breakfast after.
  • Don't swim after eating.give yourself time for any food you've had to get out of your stomach. When I swim in the AM, I take a small piece of cheese before I leave the house. It's almost an hour before I get in the water. Remember the old advice to wait an hour? Swimming before eating entitles me to a nice breakfast after.
Children
No Data