The Sprint Free Lane

The Sprint Free Lane If you could be a sprinter, you would. We get more rest. We don't train as far but we go faster. Every move matters. We're fast twitch. We're strong. We're fierce. It's adrenalin We get the glory 50's & 100's are our thing, we wish we could race 25's & 75's, we think of 200's as distance & tend to split longer races quite badly because we have no sense of pace. But it proves to ourselves, our coaches & friends that we have absolutely no business in any race over a 100. 100m Freestyle world record, Cesar Cielo Filho - YouTube What did you do in practice today? the breastroke lane The Middle Distance Lane The Backstroke Lane The Butterfly Lane The SDK Lane The Taper Lane The Distance Lane The IM Lane The Sprint Free Lane The Pool Deck Women's Locker Room Men's Locker Room
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 13 years ago
    Ok... since i rarely do sprint flutter kicks, i started with a sprint 25 flutter to see where i'm at and took about 2 min rest and kicked the 50 sprint. Both from a push 25m sprint flutter with a board was 17 sec 50m sprint flutter with a board (hand touch turn) was a 37-38 but I could tell the last quarter of the 50 was legs going numb hehe. Based on the 28% i should be at 29.5ish 50scy so 37-38 scm isn't too far off. I kinda wish i had a LCM pool to try this in since i ate my own huge waves on the turn. I'll start the flutter kick workout once a week and see where it goes from there. I can't help but think if i had taken more rest i could've gone 35-36 today... plus i was wearing two drag suits :) Where is the optimal depth for sprint kicks? It's really hard to keep the feet completely submerged. I've always been told the heels can be out but feet under the surface. Is this still correct? I say still because all of this stuff seems to change. Same with that video earlier... I thought the "S curve" pull on freestyle was old school?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 13 years ago
    Ok... since i rarely do sprint flutter kicks, i started with a sprint 25 flutter to see where i'm at and took about 2 min rest and kicked the 50 sprint. Both from a push 25m sprint flutter with a board was 17 sec 50m sprint flutter with a board (hand touch turn) was a 37-38 but I could tell the last quarter of the 50 was legs going numb hehe. Based on the 28% i should be at 29.5ish 50scy so 37-38 scm isn't too far off. I kinda wish i had a LCM pool to try this in since i ate my own huge waves on the turn. I'll start the flutter kick workout once a week and see where it goes from there. I can't help but think if i had taken more rest i could've gone 35-36 today... plus i was wearing two drag suits :) Where is the optimal depth for sprint kicks? It's really hard to keep the feet completely submerged. I've always been told the heels can be out but feet under the surface. Is this still correct? I say still because all of this stuff seems to change. Same with that video earlier... I thought the "S curve" pull on freestyle was old school?
Children
No Data