The Sprint Free Lane

The Sprint Free Lane If you could be a sprinter, you would. We get more rest. We don't train as far but we go faster. Every move matters. We're fast twitch. We're strong. We're fierce. It's adrenalin We get the glory 50's & 100's are our thing, we wish we could race 25's & 75's, we think of 200's as distance & tend to split longer races quite badly because we have no sense of pace. But it proves to ourselves, our coaches & friends that we have absolutely no business in any race over a 100. 100m Freestyle world record, Cesar Cielo Filho - YouTube What did you do in practice today? the breastroke lane The Middle Distance Lane The Backstroke Lane The Butterfly Lane The SDK Lane The Taper Lane The Distance Lane The IM Lane The Sprint Free Lane The Pool Deck Women's Locker Room Men's Locker Room
Parents
  • Well, I'm starting to feel a little sprinter-ish lately. Hopefully that will call thru Sunday afternoon. It's all about that feeling, true sprinters know that feeling, right at edge when you're thundering down the pool and you're feeling good and then BOOM, Captain Lactic Acid drops on you with both feet from a height of 6 feet. Sure, distance folks have to deal with the Captain but it's more like the He grabs ahold of you and slowly pulls himself up your body. The difference between distance and sprinting with regards to the Captain is the difference between analog (slowly climbs) and digital (one moment you're fine and the next you're a thrashing slug) Paul, I've had that twice in the last week. Huge shakes and feeling like I was going to pass out for a long time after a fast sprint. Not a good feeling. I'll go back to the distance lane, thank you.
  • Well, I'm starting to feel a little sprinter-ish lately. Hopefully that will call thru Sunday afternoon. It's all about that feeling, true sprinters know that feeling, right at edge when you're thundering down the pool and you're feeling good and then BOOM, Captain Lactic Acid drops on you with both feet from a height of 6 feet. Sure, distance folks have to deal with the Captain but it's more like the He grabs ahold of you and slowly pulls himself up your body. The difference between distance and sprinting with regards to the Captain is the difference between analog (slowly climbs) and digital (one moment you're fine and the next you're a thrashing slug) Paul, I've had that twice in the last week. Huge shakes and feeling like I was going to pass out for a long time after a fast sprint. Not a good feeling. I'll go back to the distance lane, thank you.
Children
No Data