The Sprint Free Lane

The Sprint Free Lane If you could be a sprinter, you would. We get more rest. We don't train as far but we go faster. Every move matters. We're fast twitch. We're strong. We're fierce. It's adrenalin We get the glory 50's & 100's are our thing, we wish we could race 25's & 75's, we think of 200's as distance & tend to split longer races quite badly because we have no sense of pace. But it proves to ourselves, our coaches & friends that we have absolutely no business in any race over a 100. 100m Freestyle world record, Cesar Cielo Filho - YouTube What did you do in practice today? the breastroke lane The Middle Distance Lane The Backstroke Lane The Butterfly Lane The SDK Lane The Taper Lane The Distance Lane The IM Lane The Sprint Free Lane The Pool Deck Women's Locker Room Men's Locker Room
Parents
  • Recently I've been stringing my 25yd sprints into 100yd swims. First 25 is all out, then use the remaining 75yds as a recovery swim. Will do sets of 3s on a 2:00 interval, rest 1 minute, then start the next set. I'll also change things up by doing the 1st 25 no breath, hit the turn, and try 3 sdks + 2 strokes before my 1st breath. As an aside, I find sprint training tougher than workout swimming. It's shorter, but hurts much more (at least for me). :banana:We often do something similar to this, called Popov 100s. We do between 8 and 12 of them on 1:50 or so. Swim the first 35 all out, and the last 65 slower but with a strong 6-beat kick. Sometimes you have to switch strokes between the 35 and 65. This is definitely painful and probably not pure speed work, but similar to what you are describing. If you like what you are doing, give these a try.
  • Recently I've been stringing my 25yd sprints into 100yd swims. First 25 is all out, then use the remaining 75yds as a recovery swim. Will do sets of 3s on a 2:00 interval, rest 1 minute, then start the next set. I'll also change things up by doing the 1st 25 no breath, hit the turn, and try 3 sdks + 2 strokes before my 1st breath. As an aside, I find sprint training tougher than workout swimming. It's shorter, but hurts much more (at least for me). :banana:We often do something similar to this, called Popov 100s. We do between 8 and 12 of them on 1:50 or so. Swim the first 35 all out, and the last 65 slower but with a strong 6-beat kick. Sometimes you have to switch strokes between the 35 and 65. This is definitely painful and probably not pure speed work, but similar to what you are describing. If you like what you are doing, give these a try.
Children
No Data