Underwater video camera

Former Member
Former Member
Can anyone recommend a good quality, reasonably priced, video camera for filming swimmers both underwater as well as out of the pool? Thanks
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    It's not all-enclosed (i.e., self-contained), but for a camera-only device (that you would then connect to a recording device), we have had good experience with Lorex cameras. lorextechnology.com/security-cameras.html They have several that are fully submersible. We connect these to Tivos on the pool deck for underwater stroke video work. -Rick Rick, I hope you're still following this board! The Lorex looks really nice and I'm interested in your experience and set-up. Do you use it on a pole, walking alongside your swimmers? How well does that work? Or have you moved on to more sophisticated set-ups? I'm comparing the Lorex and the Sony HDR-AS15 and 20. Anyone else have experience with these? Another question I have is how important is the wideness of the angle? (Lorex is 135, and Sony 170) Also, are the vids clear in indoor pools? (The Sony claims good low-light performance.)
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    It's not all-enclosed (i.e., self-contained), but for a camera-only device (that you would then connect to a recording device), we have had good experience with Lorex cameras. lorextechnology.com/security-cameras.html They have several that are fully submersible. We connect these to Tivos on the pool deck for underwater stroke video work. -Rick Rick, I hope you're still following this board! The Lorex looks really nice and I'm interested in your experience and set-up. Do you use it on a pole, walking alongside your swimmers? How well does that work? Or have you moved on to more sophisticated set-ups? I'm comparing the Lorex and the Sony HDR-AS15 and 20. Anyone else have experience with these? Another question I have is how important is the wideness of the angle? (Lorex is 135, and Sony 170) Also, are the vids clear in indoor pools? (The Sony claims good low-light performance.)
Children
No Data