Underwater video camera

Former Member
Former Member
Can anyone recommend a good quality, reasonably priced, video camera for filming swimmers both underwater as well as out of the pool? Thanks
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    We've heard from a couple swim clubs who've really enjoyed using the newest generation iPod nano with video camera outfitted with our waterproof Capture case. It turns out to be a pretty reasonable price to get ya going, plus you have the versatility and ease that comes with an iPod. You can do instant playback while you're still on the pool deck, or listen to music when you just wanna swim. Dana H2O Audio www.h2oaudio.com/capture
  • Former Member
    Thank you so much ... that is exactly what I was looking for.
  • Former Member
    See also this recent thread with a few more recommendations.
  • Former Member
    That thread is also excellent (I never would have found that on my own... very new to this stuff) Exciting to think I will soon be able to record my improving technique!!! Thanks so much.
  • It's not all-enclosed (i.e., self-contained), but for a camera-only device (that you would then connect to a recording device), we have had good experience with Lorex cameras. lorextechnology.com/security-cameras.html They have several that are fully submersible. We connect these to Tivos on the pool deck for underwater stroke video work. -Rick
  • Former Member
    cool idea.. thank you.. Sharon
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 10 years ago
    It's not all-enclosed (i.e., self-contained), but for a camera-only device (that you would then connect to a recording device), we have had good experience with Lorex cameras. lorextechnology.com/security-cameras.html They have several that are fully submersible. We connect these to Tivos on the pool deck for underwater stroke video work. -Rick Rick, I hope you're still following this board! The Lorex looks really nice and I'm interested in your experience and set-up. Do you use it on a pole, walking alongside your swimmers? How well does that work? Or have you moved on to more sophisticated set-ups? I'm comparing the Lorex and the Sony HDR-AS15 and 20. Anyone else have experience with these? Another question I have is how important is the wideness of the angle? (Lorex is 135, and Sony 170) Also, are the vids clear in indoor pools? (The Sony claims good low-light performance.)