Water tight ear plugs

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone out there know if any great earplugs that prevent swimmers ear? I have tried some for about 1 month and got double ear infections. I have been out of swimming for 2 weeks and really want to get back in the pool any ideas?
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 7 years ago
    I advice Mack's Aquablock Earplugs Soft Flanged . These earplugs are best to wear while swimming or flying as they perfectly maintain the pressure balance and does not allow water to seep into your ear canals. In addition, these earplugs can even be used for bathing, showering and participating in water sports.This pair is made using the ultra-soft and comfortable silicone so there is no friction between the earplugs and the skin of the ear at all. It will also not deteriorate over time as other earplugs made of plastic do.
  • Mack's. Been using them since I was a wee age grouper. Since then I have tried every other kind of earplug on the market, from the custom made plastic ones to the Speedo and TYR earplugs (both not nearly malleable enough as mentioned). The custom made earplugs were probably the most disappointing of all of them. The key to really making them fit your ears is to hold them in your hands and warm them up for a few minutes before you get in the water. Usually I'll just do this when doing my arm swings before hoping in the pool.