Water tight ear plugs

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone out there know if any great earplugs that prevent swimmers ear? I have tried some for about 1 month and got double ear infections. I have been out of swimming for 2 weeks and really want to get back in the pool any ideas?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    the moldable ones kind of work. some water still gets in but it seems to be less than without. i only wore them for about a month two years ago until a mild infection cleared up, and regular use of the ear drops (and I suspect, switching from the rarely-cleaned pool I was in previously) has prevented any recurrence. the ear drops are the special kind for swimmers, isopropyl alcohol with glycerin. normal drugstore isopropyl alcohol is a lower concentration and doesn't work as well.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    the moldable ones kind of work. some water still gets in but it seems to be less than without. i only wore them for about a month two years ago until a mild infection cleared up, and regular use of the ear drops (and I suspect, switching from the rarely-cleaned pool I was in previously) has prevented any recurrence. the ear drops are the special kind for swimmers, isopropyl alcohol with glycerin. normal drugstore isopropyl alcohol is a lower concentration and doesn't work as well.
Children
No Data