Water tight ear plugs

Former Member
Former Member
Anyone out there know if any great earplugs that prevent swimmers ear? I have tried some for about 1 month and got double ear infections. I have been out of swimming for 2 weeks and really want to get back in the pool any ideas?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    I had a terrible ear infection this past summer and did a lot of experimenting with various ear plugs. First of all some good anti-biotic ear drops were the most effective for me. Silicone Ear Plugs (Mouldable like Mack's) - I couldn't really get these to even stick or stay in place in my ear, much less think they would be waterproof...never even made it in the water with these. Speedo Ear Plugs (Very soft plastic that looks like a mushroom w/ 3 heads, and similar other brand variations) - I use one of these now in my problem ear and seems to work best. I tried smearing vaseline all over this ear plug to make it more waterproof, but didn't seem to help. I read where some tried stuffing cotton balls coated with vaseline in their ears. From what I have read, the problem is almost certainly with the pool. I picked mine up from a strange pool when traveling. Good luck, and get well fast! :applaud:
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    I had a terrible ear infection this past summer and did a lot of experimenting with various ear plugs. First of all some good anti-biotic ear drops were the most effective for me. Silicone Ear Plugs (Mouldable like Mack's) - I couldn't really get these to even stick or stay in place in my ear, much less think they would be waterproof...never even made it in the water with these. Speedo Ear Plugs (Very soft plastic that looks like a mushroom w/ 3 heads, and similar other brand variations) - I use one of these now in my problem ear and seems to work best. I tried smearing vaseline all over this ear plug to make it more waterproof, but didn't seem to help. I read where some tried stuffing cotton balls coated with vaseline in their ears. From what I have read, the problem is almost certainly with the pool. I picked mine up from a strange pool when traveling. Good luck, and get well fast! :applaud:
Children
No Data