Early-Vertical-Forearm

Former Member
Former Member
How many use the early vertical forearm method? How many believe it is less prone to shoulder injuries? I tried it for the first time today and it wore my butt out! I did feel like I had more surface area to pull with and the force felt more horizontally directed toward my feet. I have a lot of work to do if I continue to adopt this stroke method.:bolt: www.youtube.com/watch
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    I have another EVF question. I have developed what seems to be an early and powerfull EVF stroke. A coach, who I don't think knows what EVF is, commented that I am dropping my elbows after my extension. I can see my elbow drop 1 - 2 inches immediately before my fingertips and forearm rotate to an early vertical position. It feels almost as though the drop elbow is the start of the mechanics to drop my forearm early in the stroke. I'm experimenting with attempting to keep the elbow at least level prior to rotating elbow to early forearm. Of course it feels awkward, irritates my shoulder a little, throws off my timing and doesn't seem to provide as early a forearm or as much power. Of course with time, that could change and it could be an improvement. Any input and advice is appreciated. Georgio At this point I'd have to see a video of your stroke to offer you any meaningful comment. I'm sure someone here might be able to offer some advice.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    I have another EVF question. I have developed what seems to be an early and powerfull EVF stroke. A coach, who I don't think knows what EVF is, commented that I am dropping my elbows after my extension. I can see my elbow drop 1 - 2 inches immediately before my fingertips and forearm rotate to an early vertical position. It feels almost as though the drop elbow is the start of the mechanics to drop my forearm early in the stroke. I'm experimenting with attempting to keep the elbow at least level prior to rotating elbow to early forearm. Of course it feels awkward, irritates my shoulder a little, throws off my timing and doesn't seem to provide as early a forearm or as much power. Of course with time, that could change and it could be an improvement. Any input and advice is appreciated. Georgio At this point I'd have to see a video of your stroke to offer you any meaningful comment. I'm sure someone here might be able to offer some advice.
Children
No Data