Early-Vertical-Forearm

Former Member
Former Member
How many use the early vertical forearm method? How many believe it is less prone to shoulder injuries? I tried it for the first time today and it wore my butt out! I did feel like I had more surface area to pull with and the force felt more horizontally directed toward my feet. I have a lot of work to do if I continue to adopt this stroke method.:bolt: www.youtube.com/watch
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    By rolling on your side more, instead of the swimmer in a position to see their thumb as their hand exits the water, the swimmer turns their hand so they can see their palm. This position allows the larger muscles in the shoulder to become engaged and reduces the chance of impingement to occur. The entry of the hand is no different, just the exiting of the hand. It seems a little awkward at first but it not that difficult to master.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    By rolling on your side more, instead of the swimmer in a position to see their thumb as their hand exits the water, the swimmer turns their hand so they can see their palm. This position allows the larger muscles in the shoulder to become engaged and reduces the chance of impingement to occur. The entry of the hand is no different, just the exiting of the hand. It seems a little awkward at first but it not that difficult to master.
Children
No Data