Early-Vertical-Forearm

Former Member
Former Member
How many use the early vertical forearm method? How many believe it is less prone to shoulder injuries? I tried it for the first time today and it wore my butt out! I did feel like I had more surface area to pull with and the force felt more horizontally directed toward my feet. I have a lot of work to do if I continue to adopt this stroke method.:bolt: www.youtube.com/watch
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    I wasn't sure I would be able to swim today, but after applying hot and cold, 8 advil and this rotator cuff exercise: YouTube - Rotator Cuff Exercises for Pain Relief / Shoulder Pain Relief I was able to swim very ez without discomfort with a stroke more like I'm accustomed to. I will continue the same routine and gradually over a period of weeks engage an earlier forearm. My theory is the extra load I was applying (added efficiency) with the new forearm position (extreme) was loading up my shoulder more than it was accustomed to. I expect a speedy recovery and don't think I will miss a workout! :bliss: I will try the palm exit technique and will post later progress. Thank you all for your valuable advice!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 14 years ago
    I wasn't sure I would be able to swim today, but after applying hot and cold, 8 advil and this rotator cuff exercise: YouTube - Rotator Cuff Exercises for Pain Relief / Shoulder Pain Relief I was able to swim very ez without discomfort with a stroke more like I'm accustomed to. I will continue the same routine and gradually over a period of weeks engage an earlier forearm. My theory is the extra load I was applying (added efficiency) with the new forearm position (extreme) was loading up my shoulder more than it was accustomed to. I expect a speedy recovery and don't think I will miss a workout! :bliss: I will try the palm exit technique and will post later progress. Thank you all for your valuable advice!
Children
No Data