To prevent your goggles from fogging up do you....

Former Member
Former Member
spit/lick the insides of them? I've always wondered this amongst other swimmers. When I first started swimming one of my friends licked and/or spit (a little) in her goggles. I thought it was gross at first but I have long since adopted it since I came to found out it did work! If you don't do this, what are your methods for keeping your goggles clear?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    Thanks to the baby shampoo tip I learned on this forum I now have a lifetime supply of goggles. Licking them seems to work in a pinch as well. Do you lick them before or after you put the baby shampoo in them?:D Seriously, one thing I learned the hard way was to use a really, really tiny amount of baby shampoo. Less is better. Too much and your eyes turn flaming red and your boss asks you three times in one hour if you need a ride to the hospital.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    Thanks to the baby shampoo tip I learned on this forum I now have a lifetime supply of goggles. Licking them seems to work in a pinch as well. Do you lick them before or after you put the baby shampoo in them?:D Seriously, one thing I learned the hard way was to use a really, really tiny amount of baby shampoo. Less is better. Too much and your eyes turn flaming red and your boss asks you three times in one hour if you need a ride to the hospital.
Children
No Data