To prevent your goggles from fogging up do you....

Former Member
Former Member
spit/lick the insides of them? I've always wondered this amongst other swimmers. When I first started swimming one of my friends licked and/or spit (a little) in her goggles. I thought it was gross at first but I have long since adopted it since I came to found out it did work! If you don't do this, what are your methods for keeping your goggles clear?
Parents
  • You lucky bastards all must be the beneficiaries of clean pools. Our water is so foggy it's like swimming in watered down skim milk that's already turned. You can clean your goggles with Cat Crap and 500 psi, spit and Mr. Quinn's magic goo (rumored to be the hand-extracted precious bodily fluids of leprechauns), but the water still looks like what it is: a bubbly mix of day campers' excretions and old noodler incontinence byproducts, marinaded in chlorine and muriatic acid and layers and layers of dead skin from the hides of our masters swimming team. We wear goggles not to see better in the pool, but to keep our eyeballs from turning into catfish bait. I don't even keep my eyes open when I swim. No one completely trusts any goggles to protect our orbs. Tightly closed lids are the second, fail safe layer of protection against the Superfund Site that is my beloved home pool and generator of mutants.
  • You lucky bastards all must be the beneficiaries of clean pools. Our water is so foggy it's like swimming in watered down skim milk that's already turned. You can clean your goggles with Cat Crap and 500 psi, spit and Mr. Quinn's magic goo (rumored to be the hand-extracted precious bodily fluids of leprechauns), but the water still looks like what it is: a bubbly mix of day campers' excretions and old noodler incontinence byproducts, marinaded in chlorine and muriatic acid and layers and layers of dead skin from the hides of our masters swimming team. We wear goggles not to see better in the pool, but to keep our eyeballs from turning into catfish bait. I don't even keep my eyes open when I swim. No one completely trusts any goggles to protect our orbs. Tightly closed lids are the second, fail safe layer of protection against the Superfund Site that is my beloved home pool and generator of mutants.
Children
No Data