To prevent your goggles from fogging up do you....

Former Member
Former Member
spit/lick the insides of them? I've always wondered this amongst other swimmers. When I first started swimming one of my friends licked and/or spit (a little) in her goggles. I thought it was gross at first but I have long since adopted it since I came to found out it did work! If you don't do this, what are your methods for keeping your goggles clear?
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    I keep all my goggles inside soapy water. I never wipe or in any other way touch the inside of the goggle lens. When I need my goggles I just rinse them with tap water. This has worked for me. I read somewhere that the fogging is caused by all the minerals in pool water. Soapy water probably softens the minerals and the tap water removes them. Additionally the elastic bands last longer inside soapy water. Try it.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    I keep all my goggles inside soapy water. I never wipe or in any other way touch the inside of the goggle lens. When I need my goggles I just rinse them with tap water. This has worked for me. I read somewhere that the fogging is caused by all the minerals in pool water. Soapy water probably softens the minerals and the tap water removes them. Additionally the elastic bands last longer inside soapy water. Try it.
Children
No Data