racoon eyes

Former Member
Former Member
Maybe someone can help me out - I swim in the morning then rush to work. Practice ends about 30 minutes before I begin work, so "rush" is the operative word. Here's my problem: despite feeling great from the swimming induced endorphin high when I get to work, I look terrible. I still have racoon eyes from my goggles. www.usms.org/.../cane.gifI look a million years old. Anyone know any tricks, creams, or whatever to combat this? I have tried loosening my goggles, and have switched brands, but ulitmately these alternatives resulted in leaky goggles, and hence, pink eyes. Being a high school teacher, looking old is preferable to looking stoned, but still...
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    thanks for your reply sydned.... Do you mind telling me did you go to your doctor with this problem and how long did it take to resolve? Do you mind me asking how old you are? Male or female? The MD actually advised you that you may need plastic surgery? Where was the droopiness? Did the MD attribute this to the use of goggles? I bought a ladies AquaSphere Seal mask in September and wore it a few times but I stopped swimming in mid-September. The last day I wore the Kaiman goggles was probably the last week of August. I also have a small, thin face...after 4 months of no goggles and no swimming, I see no improvement. Very worried not to mention quite depressed. I will swim again, perhaps without goggles or with the mask but to be honest, I've been so depressed about this that the pool is the last place I want to be.
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    thanks for your reply sydned.... Do you mind telling me did you go to your doctor with this problem and how long did it take to resolve? Do you mind me asking how old you are? Male or female? The MD actually advised you that you may need plastic surgery? Where was the droopiness? Did the MD attribute this to the use of goggles? I bought a ladies AquaSphere Seal mask in September and wore it a few times but I stopped swimming in mid-September. The last day I wore the Kaiman goggles was probably the last week of August. I also have a small, thin face...after 4 months of no goggles and no swimming, I see no improvement. Very worried not to mention quite depressed. I will swim again, perhaps without goggles or with the mask but to be honest, I've been so depressed about this that the pool is the last place I want to be.
Children
No Data