racoon eyes

Former Member
Former Member
Maybe someone can help me out - I swim in the morning then rush to work. Practice ends about 30 minutes before I begin work, so "rush" is the operative word. Here's my problem: despite feeling great from the swimming induced endorphin high when I get to work, I look terrible. I still have racoon eyes from my goggles. www.usms.org/.../cane.gifI look a million years old. Anyone know any tricks, creams, or whatever to combat this? I have tried loosening my goggles, and have switched brands, but ulitmately these alternatives resulted in leaky goggles, and hence, pink eyes. Being a high school teacher, looking old is preferable to looking stoned, but still...
Parents
  • I had a massive problem with this a few years ago. It was getting so bad that I was getting constant water retention in my eyelids that my doctor thought might be permanent. I was freaking out about it because it looked terrible, and I certainly didn't want permanent rings/bubbles/general yuckiness. My doctor was talking about how it would potentially require plastic surgery at one point, if it kept almost drooping. YUCK!! I think part of it was having a relatively thin face, with very little cushion for the goggles. I have also been someone who preferred my goggles really super tight. My solution, with has worked for the most part, was to start using a Seal XP open water mask. It doesn't sit in the eye socket and alleviates the pressure I used to get from tight goggles. No puffiness around the eyes. No drooping. Less dark circles, and almost no lines except for the line across my forehead from the mask, and that goes away after a little while. I know they look goofy, but since I started using it, several of my teammates have also gotten them and are liking them too. Good luck!
  • I had a massive problem with this a few years ago. It was getting so bad that I was getting constant water retention in my eyelids that my doctor thought might be permanent. I was freaking out about it because it looked terrible, and I certainly didn't want permanent rings/bubbles/general yuckiness. My doctor was talking about how it would potentially require plastic surgery at one point, if it kept almost drooping. YUCK!! I think part of it was having a relatively thin face, with very little cushion for the goggles. I have also been someone who preferred my goggles really super tight. My solution, with has worked for the most part, was to start using a Seal XP open water mask. It doesn't sit in the eye socket and alleviates the pressure I used to get from tight goggles. No puffiness around the eyes. No drooping. Less dark circles, and almost no lines except for the line across my forehead from the mask, and that goes away after a little while. I know they look goofy, but since I started using it, several of my teammates have also gotten them and are liking them too. Good luck!
Children
No Data