Not a Fan of Short Course Meters Season

I'm not a big fan of short course meters meets. Maybe its my American bias, but I prefer the USA Swimming season format with two fairly distinct seasons - SCY (Fall thru Spring) and LCM (Spring/Summer). With limited meets to participate in (especially in the Northeast), I would prefer that the options were not even more diluted by short course meters meets. I would think that many Masters swimmers in the US (who mostly grew up in 25 yard pools) would agree. Just wondering what everybody else thinks.
Parents
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    Sorry you're not a fan, but please don't ruin it for the rest of us! Taking a few minutes to feel out the timing of turns is part of the charm of SCM swimming. When I'm in shape, it doesn't feel any different than any race I'm prepared to swim as SCY, and it's a nice change of pace for the fall season. SCM helps me ease out of LCM mode into SCY mode--lots more turns, but still more good swimming in between them!
  • Former Member
    Former Member over 15 years ago
    Sorry you're not a fan, but please don't ruin it for the rest of us! Taking a few minutes to feel out the timing of turns is part of the charm of SCM swimming. When I'm in shape, it doesn't feel any different than any race I'm prepared to swim as SCY, and it's a nice change of pace for the fall season. SCM helps me ease out of LCM mode into SCY mode--lots more turns, but still more good swimming in between them!
Children
No Data