Not a Fan of Short Course Meters Season

I'm not a big fan of short course meters meets. Maybe its my American bias, but I prefer the USA Swimming season format with two fairly distinct seasons - SCY (Fall thru Spring) and LCM (Spring/Summer). With limited meets to participate in (especially in the Northeast), I would prefer that the options were not even more diluted by short course meters meets. I would think that many Masters swimmers in the US (who mostly grew up in 25 yard pools) would agree. Just wondering what everybody else thinks.
Parents
  • Interesting responses...not what I would have thought. I guess I wasn't looking for idealism, but rather practicality. It would seem that without the backing of USA Swimming, NCAA Swimming, and a turnaround in the facility availability - the US will be linked to yards for some time. It would be interesting to find out what percentage of all pools in the US could host LCM, SCM, and SCY meets. In addition, I would like to see those statistics by LMSC or LSC and by pool age. Does anyone foresee USA Swimming or NCAA swimming ever moving away from SCY?
  • Interesting responses...not what I would have thought. I guess I wasn't looking for idealism, but rather practicality. It would seem that without the backing of USA Swimming, NCAA Swimming, and a turnaround in the facility availability - the US will be linked to yards for some time. It would be interesting to find out what percentage of all pools in the US could host LCM, SCM, and SCY meets. In addition, I would like to see those statistics by LMSC or LSC and by pool age. Does anyone foresee USA Swimming or NCAA swimming ever moving away from SCY?
Children
No Data