Not a Fan of Short Course Meters Season

I'm not a big fan of short course meters meets. Maybe its my American bias, but I prefer the USA Swimming season format with two fairly distinct seasons - SCY (Fall thru Spring) and LCM (Spring/Summer). With limited meets to participate in (especially in the Northeast), I would prefer that the options were not even more diluted by short course meters meets. I would think that many Masters swimmers in the US (who mostly grew up in 25 yard pools) would agree. Just wondering what everybody else thinks.
Parents
  • It would be terribly provincial of us to get rid of SCM. I would prefer to get rid of SCY...if most of our pools (and Kirk pointed out) weren't 25yd. I wish there were more SCM meets. I also like resting for a meet in December, otherwise there is too long a time between rested meets in August and May. (Part of that is because our SCY nationals are SO LATE in the season...I wouldn't care about resting in December if nats were in March.) Interestingly, our local summer league swimming is mostly SCM. Kind of odd. I also like swimming/racing SCM a little better than SCY. Turns are still important but you have a little more time between them to get into a rhythm.
  • It would be terribly provincial of us to get rid of SCM. I would prefer to get rid of SCY...if most of our pools (and Kirk pointed out) weren't 25yd. I wish there were more SCM meets. I also like resting for a meet in December, otherwise there is too long a time between rested meets in August and May. (Part of that is because our SCY nationals are SO LATE in the season...I wouldn't care about resting in December if nats were in March.) Interestingly, our local summer league swimming is mostly SCM. Kind of odd. I also like swimming/racing SCM a little better than SCY. Turns are still important but you have a little more time between them to get into a rhythm.
Children
No Data